Nutiteq is now part of CARTO! Please use latest CARTO Mobile SDK for new projects. Nutiteq SDK 3.x support and updates ended in 2017, documentation here is outdated.
Version: 3.2.0 RC0
GIT commit: 56962750201c5dfa7c6765e7ea5ce75fdbc2b8dc
In all versions
- Automatic point/marker clustering using ClusteredVectorLayer
- Multigeometry support. Geometry package contains now MultiGeometry, MultiPoint, etc classes. A GeometryCollection vector element must be used together with these new geometry types.
- GeoJSON parser and generator. Only files that contain geometry objects are supported, features are not supported as there is not direct mapping to SDK objects.
- Implemented basic CartoCSS style parsing. Only style attributes (like line-width, marker-size, etc) are supported, full CartoCSS support with selectors is planned at later stage.
In GIS Extension (Enterprise version)
- Custom projections are now supported when using GDAL/OGR layers
- Vector editing support using EditableVectorLayer class
- Implemented WKB/WKT reading and writing
- More complete support for OGR: layers and layer fields can be created and deleted. Previously only modifying was supported.
Changes, minor updates
- Added additional constructor to NutiteqOnlineVectorTileLayer that takes tile source id as a parameter
- Added getDataExtent method to LocalVectorDataSource
- Added getDataExtent method to MBTilesTileDataSource
- Added getDataExtent method to BitmapOverlayRasterTileDataSource
- Implemented getOpacity/setOpacity methods for RasterTileLayer
- Added getLayer method to VectorElementClickInfo class
- Added getDataSource method to NMLModelLODTreeLayer
- Added special error code to PackageErrorType: PACKAGEERRORTYPENOOFFLINE_PLAN, used when license does not allow using Nutiteq offline package service
- Added support for PNGs with explicit SRS info in GDALRasterTileDataSource (Enterprise edition)
- Tile preloading algorithm is changed, new algorithm should give more predictable results with less tile flickering for both vector and raster tiles
- Tile preloading is better integrated now with vector tile renderer, resulting in better performance and less tile fading effects
- Implemented better view envelope calculation, resulting in better performance in some VectorDataSource implementations
- Added 2 static methods to BitmapUtils class: loadBitmapFromAssets and loadBitmapFromFile
- Relaxed Android OpenGL renderer requirements for older lower end devices, for better compatibility with very old Android devices
- MBVectorTileDecoder class now supports non-gzipped vector tiles and is compatible with MapZen tiles now
- Bitmap class constructor with asset name argument is deprecated. Instead, BitmapUtils.loadBitmapFromAssets should be used.
- Bitmap class constructor that takes compressed byte vector as an argument is deprecated. Instead, Bitmap.createFromCompressed method (static) should be used.
- LocalSpatialIndexType enum values are changed to conform with SDKs naming conventions. Old names are available as deprecated but will be removed in future versions.
- MapTileQuadTreeNode class is removed from API. This is an internal SDK class that has very limited public use.
- The following methods that were deprecated in Android SDK 3.1 are now removed (NOTE that similar methods with non-capitalized names are available): Log.SetShow*, AssetUtils.LoadBytes, BitmapUtils.CreateBitmapFromAndroidBitmap, BalloonPopupStyleBuilder.set[Left|Right]Bitmap(com.android.Graphics.Bitmap)
- The following methods that were deprecated in iOS SDK 3.1 are now removed (NOTE that similar methods with non-capitalized names are available): Log.SetShow*, AssetUtils.LoadBytes, AssetUtils.Calculate[Resource|Writable]Path, BitmapUtils.CreateBitmapFromUIImage
- Fixed object ownership issues in listener callbacks, that could lead to native crashes or data corruption when callback argument reference was stored in member variable
- Fixed issues with object lifecycle management causing native crashes or data corruption in rare cases
- Fixed memory leaks with vector tile layers and NML layers, memory was not freed when layers were removed
- Fixed rare threading dead-locks when SDK methods were used from listener callbacks
- Fixed memory leaks in iOS SDK when listener objects were queried
- Fixed type wrapping issues with user derived classes Popup classes and getter-methods
- Fixed memory leak in Android/Xamarin.Android SDK with internal RedrawRequestListener class, resulting activity leaking when closed
- Fixed vector tile line antialiasing on low/very high DPI screens and with some custom display configurations
- Fixed rendering of non-vector-tile patterned lines
- Fixed issues with vector elements offseting when crossing 180th meridian, sometimes resulting in elements being shifted
- Fixed flickering with vector tile offsetting when crossing 180th meridian
- Fixed rendering of lines containing > 64k vertices, such lines were ignored previously
- Fixed TileDataSource.getProjection returing wrong results in iOS SDK
- Fixed issues with click handling in iOS Xamarin component when used in Xamarin.Forms
- Fixed issue when vector elements stored in LocalVectorDataSource with KdTree index were updated, but results were not displayed properly
- Fixed Bitmap.compressToInternal not working with non-power-of-two bitmaps
- Fixed MapBounds.contains(MapPos) returning wrong results with some argument values
- Fixed various internal locking-related issues causing deadlocks/ANRs in rare cases
- Fixed handling of open polygons. SDK used to explicitly add a vertex for open polygons, this is no longer the case, original vertex list is preserved.
- Fixed issue with overlapping billboards that were not properly synchronized when updated
Please email [email protected]